The key to a beautiful and elegant landscape is achieving a harmonious balance between the classic simplicity of character and the modern architectural elegance of your house. The unity between home and garden offers enjoyable living both inside and out of your residence. <–more!–>
The most elementary step in planning any practical and beautiful landscape design, however you elaborate or how simple it is, is careful consideration of the house’s fashion and the size of the entire property. With this information, you can decide on a general landscape design theme and integrate other elements and principles of landscape design into your plan.
Assessing the Elements of Landscape Design
There is much more to understanding landscape design basics than simply selecting an array of plants and placing them in your yard. To begin with, there are five critical elements that, when adequately employed in your design, will create an enjoyable and comfortable outdoor living area.
- Line: Lines and geometric patterns may facilitate directional movement through the landscape and exhibit significant aspects of your space.
- Scale – A variety of colors that present a complimentary design can bring the entire yard together. It’s essential to select plants and trees appropriately scaled to the rest of the landscape environment.
- Form – The shape and physical characteristics of the vegetation within the design generate natural patterns that offer appeal to your outdoor area.
The Principles of Landscape Design
- Unity – Creating unity during your outdoor living space and the interior of your home is among the essential aspects of a custom landscape design using a professional look.
- Repetition – Rhythm, and repetition are generated through using color and texture, creating simple patterns in nature that bring a feeling of tranquility and relaxation into your outdoor design.
- Balance – Balance and symmetry use all these other design principles to create a uniform look that invites pleasure and pleases the senses.
- Transition – The transition and circulation of the design and all its components are equally important.
- Proportion – Proportion, closely linked to scale, can be one of the fundamentals of landscape design that need particular attention.
The Value of Planning
Every one of the facets of landscape design cited above plays a vital role in garden planning. Still, you must pay attention to many other aspects of design for a truly functional outdoor area that elegantly combines with the design of your home.
Planning living spaces, planting beds, along other aspects of your design is much simpler with the assistance of a plot plan. You should analyze the dirt contents and drainage abilities of your lawn to determine the best positioning for your plants, in addition to the most suitable kinds of plants for your regional region and climate.
Hollandia Outdoor Living Concepts is a faith-based organization whose mission is to provide personalized design, installation, and maintenance services to each client. Their service-focused team and industry-leading resources allow them to function as premier landscape designers in West Michigan.
They will transform your landscape according to your specific requirements and vision. Often, the clients do not understand the potential their space has till they work together! Find more of their landscape design services right here.
While the fundamentals of landscape design are easy, combining these essential elements and principles to the ideal garden program isn’t always that simple. Numerous homeowners require the experience of a professional landscape design firm to make the most of their outdoor living space.